NBSR Workshop Series

Sunday 31 January 2016

Elemental Instruments - An Exploration of Psychoacoustics

Psychoacoustics defn:
"The branch of psychology concerned with the perception of sound and its physiological effects."

A short way into my hypnotherapy practice I became fascinated by exploring the strategic use of sound to induce trance states for the purpose of improving mental and emotional wellbeing in my clients.

In the wrong hands, trance states can be used incorrectly, but in our own hands we can learn to use the same technology with responsibility and clear intention, exclusively for self-motivation. Working in a trance state (hypnotherapy) can train a person to practice getting passed their subconscious fears, doubts, anxiety, or feelings of helplessness.

With practice then, is it possible for every one of us to enjoy our own individual versions of success, wellness, happiness, and peace of mind?

During my fine arts degree I was inspired by an experience in meditation, where I saw the Universe as a slowly turning, living, breathing doughnut-shaped plant form, like a galaxy. During this experience I also heard a sound that was later described to me as the "Cosmic Hum". The experience effected me quite profoundly, and my sculpture style immediately changed from figurative-fantasy to the construction of musical instruments that recall the experience that I had in meditation. To create the living breathing quality, the sculptures are automated (self-motivated) to make sound using elemental forces: wind, rain, gravity, and fire - hence "Elemental Instruments".

Exhibition Opening

  • Sunday 6 March 6:30 pm
  • The Garden of Elemental Instruments - 19 Dalmore Road Tokai Cape Town
All are welcome, entrance is free. Can you think of someone who would be interested in this exhibition? Please share!

If you are interested in psychoacoustics and would like to know about the actual frequencies that I use in my hypnotherapy sessions, check out this article I wrote on my hypnotherapy website: Sound Hypnosis – What is 432 Hz?
http://andy-wilding-hypnotherapy-cape-town.com/sound-hypnosis-what-is-432-hz/

No comments:

Post a Comment